Fight Against Dowry Advocacy Network (FADAN)
Some milestones in Pakistan regarding struggle against Dowry abuses/violence highlighting the struggles of Dr.Rakhshinda Perveen
1995-1998Dr.Rakhshinda Perveen as an anchor for live morning shows on PTV and as a columnist highlighted the issue.
1999-2013Dr.Rakhshinda Perveen as theatre (interactive, shadow & street) writer, producer and director highlighted the issue.
1999-todateDr.Rakhshinda Perveen has talked about the multifaceted issue of dowry and related violence in a number of TV & Radio talk shows, interviews and panel discussions.
1999SACHET Pakistan a multidimensional nonprofit was co-founded by Dr.Rakhshinda Perveen that started working on gender issues through service delivery and advocacy initiatives. Dr. Rakhshinda Perveen the founding Executive Director, produced Gender Watch Pilot Series aired on PTV that won PTV Excellence award in 2001.
2000AGEHI (meaning insights /awareness in Urdu) was established by Dr.Rakhshinda Perveen, that started advocacy and awareness initiatives for addressing gender-based violence with a special attention towards understanding dowry violence, in Pakistan.
2001FAD (Fight Against Dowry) Project, launched. AGEHI Resource Center’s Study Report “Violence against Women in Pakistan” launched.
- FAD(Fight Against Dowry) Project Research presented in 3rd Annual PAP Population Research
- Rakhshinda Perveen presented her research paper in an International Conference on
- First ever Public service message on Dowry (Spot) on TV Networks produced by AGEHI
- Seminar on Gender based Violence & Dowry; Lahore with Him mat Society, British Council and
- FAD (Fight Against Dowry/Jahez k kjilaf jang) a TV Magazine Show by AGEHI Resource Center aired on PTV
- Legal Rights Awareness Sessions Initiative Launched by AGEHI
- ACHET organized and facilitated a first national workshop on the issue of Dowry in
- First one day national FAD (Fight Against Dowry) workshop for Focal persons of FADAN was
- Commemorating Sixteen Days of Activism Campaign Against Gender Based –
- A shadow Play “Hum Daikhain Gainn” on the issue of Discriminatory laws and violence against
- Four provincial seminars in Multan, Hyderabad, Peshawar and Quetta were organized to
- A shadow Play “Apnay Baitay key naam jou main paida na kar saki, Aik chitthi” depicting
- launch of World Bank’s report, “Country Gender Assessment” in which FAD project was
- Managing “Women Friendly Spaces and Hammams” project, funded by UNFPA is initiated in
- AGEHI theatre group performed at World Social Forum, Karachi on March 21st. It was a
- Second national FAD (Fight against Dowry) workshop for change makers of Fight against Dowry
- FADAN (Fight Against dowry Advocacy network) yahoo group was activated to provide an open
- Silver Ribbon movement to end dowry violence: SACHET-Pakistan observed 16- days of
- Launched a poster under FADAN (Fight against Dowry Advocacy Network)-Silver Ribbon
- Movement to celebrate 16 Days of Activism against Gender based violence.
- AGEHI launched a poster “FADAN-Challenging the elitist consensus and dowry issues include
- AGEHI launched a book titled “From Gender Watch to FADAN” covering the first decade of
- Miscellaneous activities with communities, media, youth, and rights-based activist to highlight
- Commemoration of Sixteen Days of Activism Campaign Against Gender Based –
- Collaboration with the National Human Rights Council, to highlight the issues of dowry related violence at policy level for increasing awareness among stakeholders and lobbying for an effective legislation against this “forgotten” form of highly prevalent violence not only against women and girls but men
- 17 November 2015-declared as the anti- dowry day by FADAN.
- Organized 17 November as anti-dowry day regularly
- Rakhshinda spoke about the need of a tough law and unpacked dowry violence in different conferences, TV shows, youth related activities besides writing for the Daily Times and AHRC.
- 2018 -UNWomen started a campaign against dowry demand & related issues